The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering is situated in Royal town of Pekan in the state of Pahang. It is located at the waterfront facing the South China Sea, approximately 270 km to the east of the capital city of Kuala Lumpur. The university was established more than a decade ago and has since made big strides as a research and learning institution, equipped with high-end facilities and driven by capable faculties.
The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering offers 8 academic programmes whose development in academic and research activities are coordinated by 7 focus groups. The overall students enrollment is 1200, and 85% of the studentspopulation are in the undergraduate programmes. The faculty is manned by 120 academic and technical supporting staffs.
The faculty is currently embarking on Research and Development activities in the area of automotive, combustion, hybrid engine, NVH, robotic, CAD/CAM, CNC, products design and development as well as materials engineering and sustainable energy. This faculty aspires tobe the centre of reference for automotive and manufacturing engineers, especially in the east coast region.
A variety of Mechanical Enginering programs for different levels are being offered in this faculty as described below:
1. Diploma of Mechanical Engineering
2. Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering
3. Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering (Automotive)
4. Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Automotive Engineering -(Dual Degree Programme with HsKA Germany)
5. Master of Mechanical Engineering (Taught Course)
6. Master of Mechanical Engineering (Research)
7. Master of Automotive Engineering (Research)
8. Doctor of Philosophy (Mechanical Engineering)
9. Doctor of Philosophy (Automotive Engineering)
RESEARCH FOCUS GROUPS
The Faculty has strong links with automotive and manufacturing industry in the East Coast Region. Most of our undergraduate students add value to their studies through our structured soft-skill development, industrial placement scheme, gaining vital professional experience and enhancing their employment prospects.
The faculty will embark on Research and Development activities in the area of automotive, combustion, hybrid engine, NVH,, CAD/CAM, CNC, product design and development, material engineering to generate technologies relevant to the needs of the industry. It is hoped that the faculty will be a center of reference for automotive and manufacturing engineers, particularly in the East Coast region.
Research in the Faculty is organized into several focus groups:
1. Computational Analysis Group (CAG)
2. Energy Sustainability Focus Group (ESFG)
3. Advanced Structural Integrity & Vibration Research (ASIVR)
4. Manufacturing Focus Group (MFG)
5. Corrosion & Fracture Focus Group (CFRAC)
6. Human Engineering Group (HEG)
7. Automotive Engineering Research Group (AERG)
In each of these areas, we work closely with industries and researchers in universities worldwide. The faculty will be a center for channeling innovative research products and expert services in Automotive and Manufacturing engineering to the local industries. It will also serve as a catalyst in the development of the East Coast Industrial Corridor through programs such as technology transfer, staff exchange, training and other services relating to chemical and natural resources engineering.